The University of Nizhni Novgorod – National Research University (UNN) gained the right to participate in the process of selection of foreign students for programmes financed from the federal budget within the limits set by the Russian Ministry of Education and Science.
UNN accepts application for the contest from those willing to have their tuition for undergraduate or postgraduate programmes paid for by the Russian Government. The Russian Ministry of Education and Science makes the final decision on the assignment of state scholarships based on the documents selected by UNN.
State funding completely covers tuition. The recipient is provided with a monthly bursary and a place in the student dormitory on the same terms as Russian students, whose tuition is being paid by the Russian Government. All the expenses related to travel, meeting, medical insurance on the territory of Russian Federation and prolongation of visa are assumed by a scholarship recipient.
All the candidates willing to participate in the contest should submit the following documents to UNN:
1. Application form with an enclosed color photograph of the candidate.
2. Photocopy of the passport (all the pages containing the information necessary for the processing of an invitation must be clear and legible, the passport should expire not less than 18 months from the visa issuance date).
3. Photocopy of birth certificate.
4. Photocopy of medical certificate confirming that the applicant has no counterindications for studies issued by the official health institution of the country of applicant’s residence.
5. Photocopy of a certificate confirming the absence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS), issued by the official health institution of the country of applicant’s residence.
6. Photocopy of document of education with an academic transcript, including final grades (legalised or certified with apostille).
7. English proficiency self-evaluation form (only for candidates willing to apply for degree programmes taught in English).
8. Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
9. Essay on the topic of the future research in Russian (1-2 printed pages) and the list of relevantscientific publications (only for Ph.D. applicants).
All the submitted photocopies (pp. 2-6) must be legible and translated into Russian. The translation of each document must be certified by Russian Embassy/Consulate (or Russian attorney).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 5, 2015
All the documents should be sent to UNN with the note “Scholarship” to firstname.lastname@example.org . The University does not bear responsibility for examination of documents received after established deadline.
For all the questions concerning participation in the scholarships contest you are welcome to contact us by phone +7 831 462 35 21 or through e-mail: email@example.com